Everyone hates it when we are so close yet so far to the weekend. Do not fret! We’ve got 5 ways to beat that midweek dreariness which will help brighten your mood and skin!
5 WAYS TO BEAT THAT MIDWEEK DREARINESS
1) When you wake up in the morning, take a cube of ice and leisurely rub it around your face for either 2-3 minutes or until it is completely gone.
If you have normal/combi/oily skin, go ahead and wash your face with a facewash first before doing this. If you have dry skin, just splash your face with some tepid water and follow up with the ice.
The ice helps to soothe the skin of any inflammation and also helps to awaken the skin and allows you to feel more refreshed.
2) Drink 2 cups of Green Tea (decaffeinated) the night before, and save the used green tea bags (soak them just once each time). Leave them in the fridge overnight. When you wake up, you can use them as eye masks to reduce puffiness and dark rings for approximately 15 mins.
3) Perhaps you don’t have time for a morning shower, or were too tired to wash your hair the night before and you do not have dry shampoo in stock at home- Simply use some baby powder or talcum powder, shake some out onto your palms and work it into your scalp.
4) The secret to how Hollywood actresses prep their skin is simple! For that dewy look that softens their harsh makeup, they take a bath with warm to hot water and let the steam moisten up their skin.
As we may not have the luxury to take a bath, we could do a 1-2 minute shower (with our hair up) and splash some tepid to warm water onto our skin/makeup and leave it there. If it feels uncomfortable, use your palms to lightly press over the whole face so water doesn't drip all over the place. When you get out, press 1-2 whole tissues over your face to dry up the water and presto! Your makeup should look softer. (Please make sure your makeup is waterproof.)
5) On those tiring nights, try an au naturale mask that will leave your skin so soft and glowing. All you need is a banana, some oatmeal (organic would be good), and honey!
Take about 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and into a bowl and put some boiling hot water in to mash it up until very mushy. Then you can add in about 1/4 a banana (you could eat the rest or do this mask with friends) and 1-2 tablespoons of honey.
Mash everything up together nicely till you get a smooth texture, and apply it to your face for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off. Your skin will feel taut and healthy.
We hope these tips help, and have an awesome week ahead! X
- by Samantha Ashley http://samantha--ashley.blogspot.sg