500g Plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
225g unsalted butter at room temp>
220g caster sugar
220g light brown sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
500g chopped chocolate bar or chocolate drops
1. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together in a medium-sized bowl
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar together until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating until fully combines, then mix in the vanilla extract
3. In three additions, beat in the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the chocolate. Ideally, chill the dough overnight before baking.
4. Preheat the oven to 180⁰C/160⁰C fan/350⁰F/gas 4 and line two baking trays with baking paper. Use your hands or an ice-cream scoop to form balls of dough, about 60g per cookie.
5. Bake six cookies per tray for 16-18 mins or until golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
TIP: Substitute the milk chocolate for white chocolate, dark chocolate, Smarties, M&M’s, Rolos etc.
- by Aishling www.lestage2012.blogspot.com