Monday 26 January 2015

Guest Post: Lewis- Duncan Weedon Reviews etailPR Gifting Lounge

So who isn't a fan of shopping? Even more so when the items are so kindly gifted too you. 
Such a fabulous perk of being "known" or an amazing writer /blogger. 

I've been invited to two of the etailPR gifting lounges now, which I'm incredibly blessed to have been invited to. On both occasions I’ve attended with my very good friend Lydia Lucy (Former x-factor) who I do style and do make up for (when needed), we had such a giggle and were extremely looked after.


Held at of the chicest destinations, The Hospital Club in the heart of Covent Garden, which is known for fashion week and is the perfect backdrop to the collections/products on display. 

Well known brands and a few new ones (well to me at least) is the reason I love these events as I get to come across some cool/quirky brands and more often than not, meet the people behind the brand. Many other celebs have attended the events: such as good friend and I have styled /makeup  Olivia Cox, former MIC and presenter,  I stopped a few TOWIE folk and a good mix of socials and some very well loved Bloggers.

Now on to the brands and products on offer. Now most people know I'm not a faux tanner, but many of my clients do love good bronzing. So Vicky From Fake Bake, is a must chat too. A total sweetheart with the best Scottish accent and sense of humor, offered to get me in the booth and tan me up, I kindly passed as paper knickers don’t appeal,  but Fake Bake ,is one of the best and well known tanning brands, with  a large  range of effects /shades, you  can't go wrong. 

Clothing is my love, and any excess to shop for me or clients is fabulous. 
A brand I'm now fully obsessed with is BlueVanilla and they were at both of the gifting lounge events,  now I wasn't aware of the range  before but the second I saw it, I know id be hooked, a slight gothic twist to the collection (at the time ) with  burnt out velvets and great textures. I got some what over excited and practically cleared the rail, for Lydia.

Blue Vanilla are a cool cutting edge fashion forward brand with great quality pieces at really affordable prices, a really  well laid out website,  showing how to create looks, into  tongue in cheek sections  IE "check please" and " you've got to wrap it up”. A must in my wardrobe! 

Firetrap, a brand I was heavily into when I was in my  teens, so it was amazing  to see what their up too now. With the weather turning,  I spotted a Camel toned oversized coat, a fashion blogger must have it seems, which Lydia said it was a must have for me and I’ve worn it a LOT.

Beauty brands were in full force too. Boots No7 had a gorgeous shadow palette for all attendees, and we all were introduced to the new Magnitone X Pixi Lott Lucid Cleansing Brush. This is a great travel sized brush that offers brighter and smoother skin in 7 days,  now who doesn't want that?! I’ve loved using this brush, keeps the skin nice and clear, and with your cosmetics removes makeup gently. 

Look Fantastic were also at the event, a fantastic (pun intended) site for all beauty needs, they also happened to be at the event,  with a great gift bag of yummy beauty items,  which included Lord and Berry,  who I’ve been dying to try.

You can signup / register with etailPR, to become part of the blogging network and may even get invited to their next gifting event. They are helpful and email some great offers and details of amazing brands to check out. The girls in the team, look after myself and my celeb clients so well. So I want to thank them for that, and to all the brands whom gifted us. Thank you so much, now into the new year, I'm  excited to try out new things. 


2 comments:

  1. Great post the event sounds amazing I also had a few Firetrap items when I was younger that may be just showing my age
    If all goes well you never know I maybe invitrd to an event like this one day
    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great post the event sounds amazing
    I also had a few Firetrap items back in the day that maybe me just showing my age
    Keep up the great work and you never know if things go well for me I may be invited to an event like this 😃

    ReplyDelete